Who are we?
The University of Exeter Boat Club (UOEBC) is the south-west’s premier university rowing club. We are a student led club with a membership of over 200 individuals. UOEBC caters for all abilities from Novices who learn to row for the first time, to Seniors with national and international experience. We are particularly proud of our novice programme which takes beginners to an elite level within their time at the University. Our senior programme helps junior rowers to continue their rowing careers and supporting their aspirations to compete at national and international level. As a club we race domestically across the United Kingdom, from British University Championships (BUCS) to some of the largest sporting events in the country such as Henley Women’s Regatta and Henley Royal Regatta where there are over 300,000 spectators. UOEBC frequently races internationally; its athletes have represented the University of Exeter in Istanbul at the European University Championships (2022), in Poland at the U23 World Rowing Championships (2019) and in Germany at Wedau International Regatta (2023) in recent years.
What are the goals of the club?
UOEBC has a history of BUCS medals, success at Henley Women’s Regatta and regularly pre-qualifying for Henley Royal Regatta. These achievements mark the best within the domestic rowing scene. We aim to continue to achieve at this level in line with our high standard and high-performance reputation.
We want to hire an individual that will motivate our members and guide and support them in their sporting and professional lives. We also hope that a head coach will continue to build the reputation of UOEBC.
UOEBC has a history of supporting the GB Rowing Team, we aim to continue this as well as supporting our international members in their pursuit of representing their nation.
To continue to work closely with the University of Exeter Athletic Union in maintaining the University’s reputation as a centre of excellence and build upon our ranking as the No.1 Sports University in the South of England and Wales as well as 4th out of over 160 UK institutions in the BUCS Sport 2022/23 rankings.
• To create a fully self-sufficient hardship fund with the sole purpose of financially supporting the athletes that would otherwise not be able to partake in rowing.
• Utilise our boathouse for the wider University community through diversification such as the up-and-coming coastal rowing scene and paddle boards.
• We aim to make our sport part of the fabric of everyday life at the University of Exeter.
• Have an impact within and support the local community and schools, particularly in increasing participation in rowing and protecting the local environment that is crucial to our sport.
• Maintain our reputation within the University community of a club that takes pride in all our members and encouraging anyone who wants to be a part of UOEBC.
• To continue building a strong working relationship with the Alumni Boat Club to develop a community that benefits our members long after they have left the University.
How does the Boat Club benefit from sponsorship?
We are grateful for any type of sponsorship and that does not just have to be money. If you or your brand think you may be able to help us through equipment donations, athlete support, or other forms of sponsorship then we would love to hear directly from you. We have three main areas that we are
looking to improve:
• our athlete’s health and mental wellbeing
• our equipment
• our contributions to community.
Please get in contact with our President if you would like to know more about what our funding is currently put towards and what equipment and projects we are currently working towards.
What will you receive and how will you benefit?
We want to work with each sponsor individually to ensure that they receive what they think is appropriate for their sponsorship, it will be done on a case-by-case basis. We are open to discussions about the partnership.
Some examples of things we can offer:
• Advertising on kit (racing/casual clothing)
• Brand imaging on equipment in visible locations (boats/gazebo/towing vehicle/trailer)
• Sponsored social media posts
• Event sponsorship, such as: the 24 Hour Charity Row, Alumni Boat Race, Alumni Dinner, Henley Royal Regatta Alumni Drinks Reception, Christmas and End of Season Dinners and Winter and Summer camps.
Some benefits of sponsoring our club:
• Your brand being seen up and down the country at many events and competitions including international events such as Henley Royal Regatta.
• Great social media exposure which will lead to student outreach and alumni outreach.
• Exposure at events linked to charities and helping the community.
• Most of all, you will be associated with a club that has great success and a club that genuinely cares about its athletes and members as well as the community that it is in.
Thank you for taking the time to read this, we hope it clearly outlines the aims of UOEBC and explains why external support is crucial in achieving these. Please get in touch with any questions, we look forward to hearing from you.